In Salary.com’s overview of their hot jobs for 2014, Accounting roles (including Auditors) ranked number 6 of 8, with an expected growth rate of 17%.. So it’s no surprise that there are several hundred blogs online covering accounting, taxes and topics in-between. As a handy resource, here are 50 of the best such blogs.
Methodology for selection:
- Primarily American market-related blogs.
- Is actually a blog, not a Web site masquerading as a blog.
- Is an accounting or accounting-related blog.
- Recency: must have had a post in the past six months, at time of writing.
- A combination of personal selection and scientific ranking.
- No popup ads and does not require being a member of some organization to read.
- Target readers are either accountants or those who can benefit from relevant advice.
General Accounting, Financial Reporting, Tax-related
- AccountingWEB Blogs: A collection of nearly two dozen blogs covering accounting-related topics.
- Bloomberg BNA Accounting Blog: In-depth coverage of accounting , auditing and tax topics.
- Kaufman Rossin Blog: Covers IRS-related tax issues and other topics.
- QuickBooks and Beyond – The Sleeter Group: Reviews small business accounting software and solutions.
- Accounting Tomorrow: News and articles about the accounting profession.
- The CPA Desk: Not one but several CPA-related blogs for topics including taxes, entrepreneurship and global business strategies.
- Blog | Cherry Bekaert | CPAs and Advisors: News about the accounting industry, with an emphasis on financial reporting and standards.
- Accounting Onion: Tips and advice from an SEC expert on financial reporting.
- It’s Taxing: Covers taxes, estates, finance and general accounting topics of interest to business owners.
- Schneider Downs Insights: Thoughts on accounting, taxes and related topics.
- Intuit Accountants News Central: News and tips about the industry for CPAs, including software overviews.
- Blog < deepsky="" |="" entrepreneur’s="" accounting="">: Tips on small business accounting, software and procedures.
- Solutions for CPA Firm Leaders: Advice, tips and ideas for business leaders of CPA firms.
- Blunt Bean Counter: A Canadian tax blog of interest to either Americans running a business in Canada or Canadians who may have U.S. tax issues.
Profit and Non-Profit Businesses
- The Belfint Nonprofit Ledger: Topics on taxes and reporting for non-profit organizations.
- Reed Tinsley’s Blog: Tips and advice from a CPA for the healthcare industry, with emphasis on physician practices.
- Dental CPAs Blog: Tips and advice from a team of CPAs for the dental practitioners.
- Homeschool CPA: A CPA and former homeschooling mom gives tips and advice to nonprofit homeschool organizations.
- Farm CPA Today: Accounting, businesss and related advice for farmers.
- Ministry CPA: Accounting and business advice for ministers and others running Christian ministries.
- The Ministry Blog: A multi-author blog on accounting, reporting and business advice for churches and ministries.
Forensic Accounting, Fraud Finding
- The Fraud Files: Coverage of fraud-related topics by a forensic accountant, fraud investigator and author Tracy Coenen.
- White Collar Fraud: A fraud perspective — including accounting irregularities — from a former CPA and convicted felon.
- It’s Taxing – Bond Beebe: Tips and advice on forensic accounting procedures for small businesses, including the use of social media and issues around electronic data collection.
Professor/ Student/ Teaching/ Studying
- Fraudbytes: A blog on fraud and corporate governance by Aaron Zimbelman (PhD student, accounting) and Mark Zimbelman (accounting professor).
- 21st Century Taxation: A tax reform blog by a professor who teaches about tax accounting, tax policy and related topics.
- Joe Hoyle – Teaching Financial Accounting: Covers the teaching and learning aspects of accounting topics, by veteran financial accounting professor Joe Hoyle.
- MAAW’s Blog: Tidbits about accounting, management and related topics by a professor emeritus.
- NJSCPA Exam Cram Blog: Tips on preparing for the CPA exam by multiple bloggers from the NJSCPA (New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants).
Accounting Association Blogs
- Betsy’s Pretty Good Blog: A blog for accountants by the president of the MNCPA (Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants).
- AICPA Insights: A blog for accountants from the AICPA (American Institute of CPAs).
- CPA Success: Career success tips and advice for CPAs, from the MACPA (Maryland Association of CPAs).
- CPA Now: Tips and advice for CPAs from the PICPA (Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants).
- ASCPA Blog: Tips and advice for CPAs from the ASCPA (Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants).
- I Was Just Thinkin’: Tips and advice for CPAs from the INCPAS (Indiana CPA Society).
- TSCPA Federal Tax Policy Blog: A blog from the TSCPA (Texas Society of CPAs), with a focus on tax legislation and regulation.
- The Sharblog: Another TSCPA-related blog, from the CEO, with thoughts on accounting, the IRS and other topics.
- National Society of Accountants: NSA Blog: Perspectives on accounting, tax prep, IRS and more, from the other NSA (National Society of Accountants).
- NYSSCPA Blog: Views on accounting and related topics from the NYSSCPA (New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- CPA Cafe | Where Ideas Brew: Writings on accounting, taxes, IRS and other topics from the VSCPA (Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants).
- Going Concern: A broad accounting-related blog who is Managing Editor is the writer of the Jr. Deputy Accountant blog. Also covers student topics and the CPA exame.
- Jr. Deputy Accountant: An accounting blog interpreting what the Fed says, written by a Washington, D.C., resident whose disclaimer says “I’m not a junior nor a deputy nor an accountant”. Warning: NSFW language.
- re: The Auditors: A broad accounting blog with an emphasis on the Big 4 accounting firms, written by writer/ speaker / consultant Francine McKenna.
- re: Balance: A blog with indepth articles on the state of large accounting firms.
- CPA Technology Blog: Covers the technology side of the accounting profession.
- Accounting And Finance Blog | Accounting Principals: A broad look at accounting careers, including how to use social media, monthly job reports, and more.
- Accountant Jokes and Fun: Who says accountants are not fun? Here’s a whole blog full of accounting and tax jokes.
- Success Starts Here: A blog about the careers side of public accounting.
- iPad CPA: Not frequently updated but has a focus on iPad apps for the accounting profession.
- Accountant By Day: Musings on accounting, personal finance and every day life by an auditor and tax accountant who formerly blogged as Accounting Elf while still an accounting student.
 Salary.com – The 8 Hottest Jobs of 2014.
آخرین ویرایش 03 ژانويه 2015